Saturday, July 2, 2016

Barry Gibb sang to his late brother whilst he was in a coma.

Barry Gibb sang to his late brother whilst he was in a coma. Barry Gibb sang to his late brother whilst he was in a coma.

  The 69-year-old singer - who formed one third of the iconic band Bee Gee's - has revealed he dedicated the song 'End of the Rainbow' from his new solo album 'In The Now' to his younger brother Robin Gibb, and sang a verse from the track to his sibling two weeks before he died from cancer in 2012.

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz at the Nordoff Robbins O2 Silver Clef Awards in London on Friday (07.01.16), the 'Staying Alive' hitmaker said: "There's a song called 'End of the Rainbow' that I dedicate to Robin, but for all my brothers. "It was very difficult, it was very emotional. It's very difficult to sing without filling up, it's one of those, I'm not sure I could sing it live without becoming very emotional. "I sang a verse of the song to Robin when he was in a coma, about two weeks before he passed and I don't know if he heard it or not. But I sang it anyway, I'm yet to sing it live and the lyrics reflect what I hope are my correct feelings."

  Meanwhile, the father of five - who has sons Steve, 42, Ashley, 38, Travis, 35, Michael, 31, and daughter Alexandra, 24, with his wife Linda - has revealed he has devoted another single on his forthcoming music release to his spouse. He explained: "There's one [song] called 'Starcrossed Lovers' that I dedicate to my wife. I've tried just to touch on all of the best influences in my entire life.

It's really getting into the songwriting as deep as I can get. I'm very proud of this album. "It's an album that's like a journey, it's my opinion of life today, the culture, the songs reflect all those things. "It's not a disco album at all. It's an album of thoughts that range 60 years and different influences over the years. It's very autobiographical, not consciously, but sub consciously. There are a lot of lyrics that are quite abstract but if you think about it deeply enough, like a painting, there are a lot of thoughts that are real behind abstract words. I hope that it makes sense."

Barry's upcoming release is set to be released in October this year.

© thespec.com


http://beegeesfanfever.blogspot.nl/

No comments: