Sunday, November 22, 2015

What peers say about the Bee gees

PETER GABRIEL:
"I tried to sing a bit like Robin Gibb on the second verse (of Genesis' Silent Sun) I'm sure we would have denied it at the time"

PAUL McCARTNEY:
"It was the 'mining disaster' song that Robert Stigwood played me. I said 'sign them, they're great! And they went on to be even greater"

MARC BOLAN:
"I remember David Bowie playing me Space Oddity in his room and I loved it and said he needed a sound like the Bee Gees"

BONO:
"In terms of bands, there are five extraordinary catalogues that make me ill with envy. It doesn't have to be said the Bee Gees are up there with the Beatles"

MICHAEL JACKSON:
"The Bee Gees are brilliant"
"Saturday Night Fever is what inspired me to record the Thriller album."

JOHN TRAVOLTA:
"I've always felt that when Barry, Robin and Maurice get around a microphone - it's pure magic"

ROD STEWART:
"They're everlasting"

CLIFF RICHARD:
"They led the field in music that was totally singable and absolutely danceable"

ROBERT STIGWOOD:
"I can't claim any contribution to their songwriting. I wish I could. I'd be taking their royalties"

JAMES BELUSHI:
"They changed the face of music" 

STEPHEN STILLS:
"Barry Gibb is one hell of a record maker. And by God, he has written some damn fine songs"

MEL GIBSON:
"They're the best in the business"

NOEL GALLAGHER:
"I wish I had written a song like 'To Love Somebody'

BJORN ULVAEUS:
"These are classic pop songs. Lennon and McCartney and the Bee Gees are the best and most consistent songwriters. I am green with envy" 

ELTON JOHN:
"Their concerts are the best"

GEORGE MARTIN:
"I don't know anybody who can sing harmony quite so naturally as they do"

CELINE DION:
"I'm a big Bee Gees fan, no party without them"

OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN:
"Their music will touch me forever"

TINA ARENA:
"The Bee Gees are gorgeous. They're beautiful people. I was a big 'Saturday Night Fever' fan. In terms of Aussie rock, I always liked the Bee Gees and INXS"

TONI BRAXTON:
"I love them. I have all their records"

TIM RICE:
"I rate the Brothers Gibb as one of the greatest songwriting combinations of the 20th century"

DESTINY'S CHILD:
"The Bee Gees are Legends"

N'SYNC:
"Congratulations on 'staying alive' for 35 years. You will always be an inspiration to us and future singers and songwriters"

BRIAN WILSON:
"Total magic"

ALICE COOPER:
"Great songwriters. I love their music"

STEPS:
"I think the reason why so many people have covered their songs or done versions is because they are great songs" 

BARBRA STREISAND:
"I really love their music"

TERRY ELLIS:
"We are big Bee Gees fans, and we always loved that song How deep is your love and always wanted to record it. It's just so sweet and sultry.  We tried to make the Bee Gees proud of us."

DANA INTERNATIONAL:
"Woman in love is one of the greatest love songs ever. I always wanted to record a version of it. The Bee Gees have been an inspiration with their lovely harmonies - the pioneers of dance music."

LOUISE:
"The Bee Gees are excellent songwriters and performers and I'm a great fan of disco music."

SIMON COWELL:
"The songs of course, were absolutely sensational. The Bee Gees have produced so much great work, from their early pop songs, through to their disco classics."

HUMAN NATURE:
"As a vocal group, they are the group we aspire to be. It's also inspirational how they have managed to have such an impact with such great songs."

SHAUN RYDER:
"They're just absolutely brilliant musicians, brilliant songwriters." - Shaun Ryder (lead singer of the band the Happy Mondays)

PETER WATERMAN:
"The Bee Gees filled every club I worked at. All you had to play was one of the night fever tracks every fifteen minutes, you could keep your dance floor full all night, it was fantastic! - Pete Waterman (Record producer of Kylie Minogue, Cliff Richard, Bananarama, etc.)

KYM MARSH:
"They're so talented, I mean they're just phenomenonal songwriters. Everybody from all walks of life knows those songs. Everybody knows "Night Fever" everybody knows "Stayin' Alive" - Kym Marsh (Popular UK singer now in the English stage version of "Saturday Night Fever")

LEO SAYER:
"Barry Gibb is an amazing writer and it was a thrill to have him write a song for me."

NEIL SEDAKA:
""They write the best songs. They are standards, evergreen and they appeal to every age group.


 http://beegeesfanfever.blogspot.nl/
"

No comments: